Saturday 11 April 2015

I have now started to do some cleaning and preparation on the underside of the V6 Activa.

I first wanted to investigate the leak on the rear Active Ram.
We all know know about Jim's modifications and re-seals of these expensive bits of kit.
The Activa owners really are all in his debt.

I decided to de-grease the whole underside rear, this was the only way as everything was soaked in LHM+
This is the view once fully air dried.
We see a quality French repair (lol) and the leak point, Jim tells me its the top seal and is an easy fix....we shall see.

I noticed the only bit of corrosion on the Car at this point. I will clean the pipe and union and decide once I can see how deep the damage is, if I will  protect and paint or replace.


A sunny day and to hot to get all oiled up, so I wire brushed a caliper ready for painting. I still have to clean the tight areas and around the seals with a Dremmel....but you can see the difference 18 years of crap makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment