Tuesday 28 April 2015

More work on the Active Suspension ram.



Active Roll Control rear Ram

 I have decided to fit a semi-solid bush to the rear mount and as such I have to wait for a new, but very generous friend to make one up for me.

I have cleaned up the ram and its lower seal are ready to do this work later.

Note what looks like a new top Active Ram ball joint.



We see here (above) the ram outer sleeve seal which has a leak due to the dirt ingress from the damaged ram gaiter

Seen here is the lower fluid leak back drain (the little pipe/rubber ring) and and the thin metal flared skirt at the base of  the ram outer sleeve.





To gain access to the ram outer skirt the damaged Gaiter was removed and is as you can see (left) is totally destroyed. 

Again, Jim has come to my rescue and is sending me a replacement one....what a star.





This is the top Ball Joint mount (as seen above) for the rear Active Roll Control Ram , it certainly needs attention and must have all that RUBBISH Powder Coating Removed, hateful stuff !

Internally the socket and bolt shaft /seat are in tip-top condition. Note the above (top) image for how it fits.


1 comment: