Saturday 18 April 2015



Lets Switch ends and do the other brakes, here I "do" the right side rear brakes.

The left side was all Ok except for a fair amount of corrosion on the rear disk, other than that the situation is much the same as we see below.


This is what I found, the whole area and the inner sub-frame/pipes and unions where all de-oiled with GUNK

Lots of brushing and many sprays later, a quick wash down and a wipe dry gave me this starting point.  I have to say I am delighted with the condition and how little work is required to really bring the under-body protection to 100%























As I find it I am totally delighted with the condition. This is light work that even if time consuming give great results. These discs are new, as are the pads, they stay.

Do you SPOT what is MISSING ?



yep, no Dust Guard, the disk was loose on its screw as well.





CLEANED, rust treated with phosphate, exposed area zinc'ed and then Chassis Black paint.




































When dry sprayed with stone-chip and Wax-oiled (using up  the stuff).


The Dust-Guard is repainted and is drying overnight, it will be attached tomorrow and the alloy wheel (cleaned and black painted inside), refitted with new Wheel bolts.

No comments:

Post a Comment