Tuesday 21 April 2015

Needing at some time to bite the bullet and get to grips with the rear Active Ram,  today I decided to spend an hour of two cleaning and preparing in the area to make a clean working area.

I removed the Wheel Tray and gave the area a load of Gunk from a air spray gun.  Scrubbed it and Jet Washed, SUN Dried :)



After cleaning I found this split pipe, it was seeping slowly, had I not had ramps and the wheel tray out it would of been a little sod to find when on your back !

Notice the small areas of surface rust....

Of note is the ledge and tray made by the sub-frame mounts, I will post a picture later


To remind you, this is a French made "solution" to  a leaking Ram....


A close up view of this makes me wonder just what they were thinking using gaffer tape, it is a good thing I am going over this car in detail taking into account the few other things such as the brakes and this..
I am beginning to think this car would of quickly deteriorated by poor servicing/costs if I had not saved it from our Tri Coloured friends across the English Channel.


So, having removed two cable ties and some dissolving Gaffer Tape/LHM "paste" called wrapping,  I revealed this delightful sight.


A split/exploded Gaiter...it will be interesting to see under it tomorrow but from what I can see that has taken a thump on the shaft and ripped the bellows part.

OK I bet:  The inner metal shroud is bent as well....we shall see


No comments:

Post a Comment