Friday 3 April 2015

Well the Exhaust finally gave up, I attacked the nuts with an extension hand piece on my Dremmel, attached a micro cutting disk and cut the buggers off.  Result, dropped exhaust and lots of scratches slipping my three fingered octopus arms down behind the engine.

I will use stainless steel suds and nuts to reattach.

Next problem.....??  WHO USES Loctite ON WHEEL NUTS ..then rounds them with an air driver gun..............Gee thanks.

Because of the above, I am delayed dropping the rear sub-frame........Gee thanks

Never mind, I will start to look over the V6 Activa, making a list as I go.
 I hate this part of the project.  Having to discover all the things wrong on the car you have just purchased, all those little things you missed .......it is a sobering duty and normally ends in you being depressed about just how much there is to do, wondering just how the hell you missed that ! and delighted the car is not a total dog.

What is hard is having to show the world and his brothers wife all the problems with your car.
Having been a keen model maker for many years, one who was relatively active in showing my work at shows around the world: (USA/JAPAN/EU) and the UK I have often allowed my work to be seen using a Macro Lens............now that IS Scary !

The things you do when you give up on the Car, try applying 1000's or rivets @ 0.05mm

No comments:

Post a Comment