Sunday 12 April 2015

 Saturday and Sunday.....days of rest ??...nope

Well I am waiting to go to the Citroen Main Dealer in Glastonbury for some seals, o-rings ect  so I can start the repair to the Active Ram next week.

Yesterday and today I had visits from two French Car Forum Members.....Messrs "chinkostu" and "CitroJim"...
Hi guys, Activa cloth seats gone to a nice home and Jim with his head full of solutions for my problems :)

Whilst waiting for Monday I decided to switch my headlamps to RHD ones from the 2ltr Activa S1 spares car.  However, both shells had damaged lower mounts as well as one of the French cars original lights.  I had to hash together a full set from all the parts, never mind it gave me the chance to investigate the mounting of a set of Projector lamps in each shell and install a clear lens, anyway job done, lights are good and have Hi-Power bulbs fitted.

Tonight I started to dissemble the instrument binnacle from the 2ltr Activa to see how it fitted together and be ready to switch over the Speedo to a MPH version into the V6. 







This is what I have found....a nice and easy switch over IF the calibration is the same ( I have asked, wonder if anybody will know).










No comments:

Post a Comment